Camera Weight

Nate Downes

I've been trying to figure out how to work within a budget I've been given on a project and ran into an issue. I can't find weight numbers for some of the cameras I've been looking at, so I can price out supports for them. Does anyone know the unloaded weights of:

Mitchell S35R

Arri BL2

Kinor 35H

Moviecam

?

Any help would be appreciated.

I've been trying to figure out how to work within a budget I've been given on a project and ran into an issue. I can't find weight numbers for some of the cameras I've been looking at, so I can price out supports for them. Does anyone know the unloaded weights of:

Mitchell S35R

Arri BL2

Kinor 35H

Moviecam

?

My BL2 weights about 30lbs with an empty mag, and the prime lens blimp/no lens.

All the Best!

• Premium Member
I can't find weight numbers for some of the cameras I've been looking at, so I can price out supports for them. Does anyone know the unloaded weights of:

Mitchell S35R

Arri BL2

Kinor 35H

Moviecam

From my 1981 Edition of Verne and Sylvia Carlson's "Professional Cameraman's Handbook".

Mitchell S35R

39# (400' load)

43# (1000' load)

Blimp

93# (less camera)

Arri 35BL2

25# (400' load)

28# (1000' load)

From my 1980 ASC Manual

Moviecam

27# (500' load and 50mm lens)

PM Olex Kalynychenko (a forum member) for the Kinor data - he'll know.

An afterthought: The Carlson's book is a treasure trove of information for older cameras. For instance: The 1980 ASC Manual has 3 pages of info on my Arri 2, The Carlson's book has 19 pages including accessories, 11-1/2 on the camera itself!

Mitchell S35R

Arri BL2

Kinor 35H

Moviecam

?

From orignal user manual of Kinor-35 H ( 9 KSN ) camera ( user manual # MKBI.202124.003TO )

The size of camera with 75 mm prime lens, with 150 m film magazine, 555 x 300 x 370 mm

The weight of camera with 150 m film magaizine, with 150 m roll of film, prime lens of 75 mm, short viewfinder for "normal " film gate....... not more 13 kg.

AC power supply, size 310x190x132mm, weight 7.0 kg

300 m film magazine without film, weight near 7 kg.