Alternative to firing a 2.5k through a window?

grantsmith

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice regarding an upcoming short (on Z1)

I'm a big fan of the look of firing a 2.5k through the window for the key (sometimes with venetian blinds) and just using a 1.2 bounced of the ceiling or fired through a 1/2diff frame as fill.

I like this as an asthetic and also as it gives a lot more freedom to move around.

Some of the locations unfortunately are in a tower block where this won't be possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get a similar look? The rooms are all unfortunately very small.

I thought about just firing a 2.5 through a fully diffed up frame (with frame very close to the light) and flagging a bit off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I have no picture of the location at the moment. I'm looking for an 'everyday' 'normal' living room look. Nothing too fancy. The size of the location is probably 20' x 15'

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice regarding an upcoming short (on Z1)

I'm a big fan of the look of firing a 2.5k through the window for the key (sometimes with venetian blinds) and just using a 1.2 bounced of the ceiling or fired through a 1/2diff frame as fill.

I like this as an asthetic and also as it gives a lot more freedom to move around.

Some of the locations unfortunately are in a tower block where this won't be possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get a similar look? The rooms are all unfortunately very small.

I thought about just firing a 2.5 through a fully diffed up frame (with frame very close to the light) and flagging a bit off.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I have no picture of the location at the moment. I'm looking for an 'everyday' 'normal' living room look. Nothing too fancy. The size of the location is probably 20' x 15'

I don't know for sure if this would actually work, but it's cheap to try. Place a mirror in the window reflective side in. Lower the lower the blinds or use strips of gaffers tape to cut the light. To find the placement for your 2K just make sure the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflectance. It's quick, dirty and probably imperfect, but it's also fairly cheap.

I don't know for sure if this would actually work, but it's cheap to try. Place a mirror in the window reflective side in. Lower the lower the blinds or use strips of black gaffers tape to cut the light. White tape would soften it up a bit. To find the placement for your 2K which will now be inside the room, just grab some string and make sure the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflectance. The angle may pressent a bit of an issue if the ceiling is low and you want the light to apear as it would around 11 AM - 2 PM. Then again who says you have to put the mirror where the window actually is. You can get the angle by placing the mirror high on the wall or a C stand and shinning the light from the ground.

It's quick, dirty and probably imperfect, but it's also fairly cheap.... just like my diagram

I~~~~~~/

I / < MIRROR

I /

I /

I /

I /

I /

I

I `O'

I /|\ < SUBJECT

I / \

I \ || / ^ ^

I [2K]

I don't know for sure if this would actually work, but it's cheap to try. Place a mirror in the window reflective side in. Lower the lower the blinds or use strips of black gaffers tape to cut the light. White tape would soften it up a bit. To find the placement for your 2K which will now be inside the room, just grab some string and make sure the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflectance. The angle may present a bit of an issue if the ceiling is low and you want the light to appear as it would around 11 AM - 2 PM. Then again who says you have to put the mirror where the window actually is. You can get the angle by placing the mirror high on the wall or a C stand and shinning the light from the ground.

It's quick, dirty and probably imperfect, but it's also fairly cheap.... just like my diagram

I~~~~~~/

I / < MIRROR

I /

I /

I /

I /

I /

I

I `O'

I /|\ < SUBJECT

I / \

I \ || / ^ ^

I [2K]

Some how the diagram got squeezed

Depending on how high your cieling is, you can shoot a source from across the room to the top of the window and bounce it back through some diff. Like a book-light arrangement. Works best with a high cieling so the source and bounce are up out of frame. The big advantage is you can have the window in frame with this arrangement.