When work is slow

Alan Pierce SOC

Hello everyone. This is my first post on what I find to be an intelligent and useful forum. I'm an east coast cameraman. I'm wondering what other people do when work is slow. I try not to panic, this time of year always seems slow for me. I've raked the leaves and tuned up the snow blower. I've been taking stills, reading and trying to keep up with the latest tech stuff. Does it ever get slow out west? Thank you.

on what I find to be an intelligent and useful forum.

Are you sure you're not confusing this place with the CML :)

R,

Kidding Tim, just kidding.

• Premium Member
Hello everyone. This is my first post on what I find to be an intelligent and useful forum. I'm an east coast cameraman. I'm wondering what other people do when work is slow.

Well, I spend a lot more time answering questions on the internet... and going to see movies, reading, etc. I sometimes travel.

Usually just when the money is about to run out, another job comes along.

I did a film last fall, had another one in January fall through, shot a small film in the spring, not much work until August, but then I got on this TV series and won't be done until February, my longest job to date... I don't mind a few months of not-working but I start to get nervous after that.

Come on David, you're beating them off with a stick!

Since you travel, would you like to accompany me on my next shooting expedition?

Just think of the fun we'll have!!!

R,