Super 8 Today Issue #7 on its way

Chris Cottrill

• Premium Member

Issue #7 was mailed yesterday (Nov. 28th) so it should be in everyone's hands next week.

Deadline for articles for the next issue is December 31st.

Super8Today7.jpg

Articles in the Current Issue

A Tale of Two Women - Popular singer-songwriter Chantal Kreviazuk and director Cline Mayo team up to work on a new film called Pretty Broken, about an institutionalized patient suffering from mood disorder .

Festival Legend - The United States Super 8 Film & Digital Video Festival is gearing up for its 19th year. A look at the festival's successful history, how it works, what the judges look for, and the man behind it all.

So You Want Me to Be in Your Film? - One of the biggest problems of any low budget film is a lack of acting talent. Find out where and how to get real actors for your next film.

Product Flashback: The Nikon 8X Super Zoom

Time Lapse & Time Exposure Titling - Everybody know how time-lapse looks on Super-8, but take a look at what happens when you create titles combining time-lapse with exposures of several seconds.

Super-8 Under the Sea - A whole new world awaits the filmmaker who dives into the water with his camera. A lot must be considered first, however, before taking the "splash."

Diary of a Coma Patient - Gracie: The Diary of a Coma Patient is a new film that uses Super-8 exclusively. Filmmaker Jeffrey Wedding discusses the making of the film adapted from his own short story.

My Dad's Movie Camera - A nostalgic look at growing up in California: simpler times, movie night, the family, and that Kodak Brownie movie camera.

Surrealism and the "Power" of Cinema - Andre Breton believed that Surrealism could cure the world's ills. Find out why the Surrealists found film to be the perfect method to awaken the mind.

Super-8 Tricks: Tips You Can Use - A variety of simple and inexpensive techniques that can make your filmmaking easier or add a little luster to your production .

Nanolab - In Daylesford, Australia, a business called Nanolab hand processes Super-8 film, offering many lab services not even thought of in other parts of the planet.

Exploring Animation - Alan Cleave's on-going animation column talks about animating walks and steps.

SUPER 8 TODAY is unique among print magazines. Simply put, there is no other magazine out there with this much solid information about Super-8 filmmaking, and filmmaking in general for that matter. Most video publications talk about gear - SUPER 8 TODAY talks about real filmmaking, with real people making their films using Super-8 film, plus the latest Super-8 news. It's that simple.

Subscription prices are to increase January 1st (exact rates are yet undetermined), so between now and December 31st subscription rates are at the ridiculously low price of $24.95 for 6 issues (one year). Rates to Canada are $29.95; The Rest of the Planet $44.95 AIR MAIL.

Or go on the website and buy just the current issue and see for yourself.

www.super8today.com

Hello All,

I don't know how popular Chantal Kreviazuk is in the U.S., but she is BIG in Canada. Kreviazuk and director Cline Mayo talk about their short film PRETTY BROKEN. You won't read about this in any other publication. The article also talks about a feature film that Kreviazuk will appear in (an exclusive).

Mike

Chris,

If you haven't been told lately. Thank you. The magazine is great. I'm a new subscriber. The work envolved is never totally appreciated... I know from experience. Keep it going friend! BTW get some controversy a try in the next issue. Give Santos an opportunity to voice his mantra. That would be great fodder. Seriously. A total sell out.

Chris,

If you haven't been told lately. Thank you. The magazine is great. I'm a new subscriber. The work envolved is never totally appreciated... I know from experience. Keep it going friend! BTW get some controversy a try in the next issue. Give Santos an opportunity to voice his mantra. That would be great fodder. Seriously. A total sell out.

Chris, hold a copy for me. I have been too slow to get you a check since PayPal is playing with me again. Can I call it by credit card? I can do it right now...

Sean