EF adpater examples?

Andy Yeomans

• 5 months later...

I heard 10X magnifaction to any lens you attach to it, so I imagine it's great for sports or nature videography. I once wondered if one could attach it the ef adapter to a microscope adapter and record cell cultures or bacteria.

Does anyone have any examples they can show me of the Canon EF adapter in use as compared to the standard lens on the XL2?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have any examples they can show me of the Canon EF adapter in use as compared to the standard lens on the XL2?

Do you mean just pics of the adapter or actual through the lens imagery? I use it quite often for birding and lunar shot. With cheap Canon 100-300 you can get some amazing shots. I'm going to buy the Canon 100-400L series. Bofore I do, I'd like to test it to see if there is indeed a noticeable difference in quality.

But with what I have it's a great buy as long as you use it.

I did some interesting work doing to extreme maco work using the EF adapter along with a 24-80L and a extension tube. Super detail.

Here are examples. These are actual frame grabs. These details were about the size of dime if not smaller. Civil war era newspapers. No way you could do this with a normal lens. Even those $50,000 beasts lack the tools to do this.

The Canon XL2 rocks.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry. My uploads i wanted to attach are too big. If you like, i can email them to you.

I've done a few EF experiments with a large lens, a telescope, and a microscope. Unfortunately I need to search for them.

Could you e-mail your sample grabs? I would like to see them.

kingvidiot83@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Edited by Andy Joyce

I heard 10X magnifaction to any lens you attach to it, so I imagine it's great for sports or nature videography.

7.2x actually - still pretty severe unless you're looking for that kind of extreme telephoto.