Upconvert from SDX900 to DVC100 in FCP

mudbrick

Has anyone shot on the Panasonic SDX900 and finished in HD. I am trying to get my company to purchase a new camera; however, they are stuck on HDV (we own a JVC hdgy10u and I hate it). I have pushed for the Varicam (Sony's prices=Tums), but I don't think they are going to put that kind of money into a camera yet. I sparked interest with the SDX900 based on its price and the reviews it has received. Any solid postings would be great.

:ph34r:

While we havent done a DVCPRO50 to DVCPRO100 transfer yet, I can tell you this: the 900 is one amazing camera. Since day one, it has been 100% solid and reliable, plus our clients love it. We are VERY glad we went with the 900, the quality of the image is leaps and bounds over the 24p MiniDV based cameras. :rolleyes:

I would post your same question to either the SDX-900 forum here or at the broadcast camera forum over at 2-pop to get specifics about quality in the transfer.

2-pop forum

Of course, people will tell you that if you want HD quality, shoot HD but the 900 is going to give you a beautiful, and probably better image than the HDV cams when transferred to HD.

-e-