Possible to make a documentary with a panasonic nvgs180

Guest Robert G Andrews

Guest Robert G Andrews

Guys, is it possible to make a doco with a 3ccd panasonic nvgs180? I am asking on behalf of a friend who aims to travel across Asia, film it, edit the film when he gets back and then sell it on to a TV company. All best, LondonFilmMan

• Premium Member

I'm not familiar with the exact camera you're talking about, but I would say it's possible to shoot a doc on any kind of camera. The issue is whether the network will accept it as broadcast standard. My guess would be that if the doc is good enough it won't matter as much what format it was shot on, but to be safe your friend should check with the networks he intends to pitch the project to and find out what the minimum requirements are regarding broadcast standards.

No it?s not possible with that camera. The issue isn?t all with the pictures, as stated if the content is good enough TV may turn a blind eye but the real problem with a camera like that is the sound would be awful. Bad picture quality and subtitles? you could never sell that in a million years.

• 3 weeks later...