VERY VERY STRANGE EBAY AD

Keneu Luca

stored cold since birth?

what is it doing under an Xmas tree?

Didn't see the snow around the Xmass tree? Com'on open yer eyes :blink: :lol:

Perhaps its print or intermediate film, there was recently a discussion about print film having a quite low ASA rating, could be ten.

That was my first guess as well. My second thought was that it could be micro film.

I'd bet this is ortho sound film, I've got a couple thousand feet of Agfa. It doesn't have an antihalation layer, so all highlights have a blurry halo-images look like they were taken thru a dirty lens. But you'll see no grain whatsoever. Don't pay a lot for it.

It's not the unusual stock that I find strange with this ad. I realize that such stocks exist. I've heard of them before, like most of you have.

But it's this guy's ridiculuous statements:

"I believe it could be some secret film from a since de-classified government high resolution imaging system. Possibly for a 16mm film camera that preceded the Viper Stealth cam."

"A friend swears by it. He shoots with it and has it telecined and claims the footage looks great. Well, the issue is he won't tell me what it is, and it is possible he doesn't know himself. I have seen a telecine of some of this stock. He chose to de-saturate it into black and white (again, who knows why) and it had a very unique ether world look that could be considered gorundbreaking!

But it is a super high resolution film with almost no grain to speak of, at least the limited footage I "was allowed" to see."

"He traded it to me for some stereo equipment."

Traded it for stereo equipment? What? So his friend loves this film - "he swears by it", but he's willing to trade it for stereo equipment. And this day and age, why is anyone unable to open an ebay account and sell items for themselves?

Anyway. I'm not saying this guy is necessarily trying to scam anyone. This may very well be a legitimate ebay item on auction. But it's just what I titled this thread...a very very strange ebay ad.

Oh...by the way....this cracked me up:

"At 10ASA you'll need to walk... If you run you'll be all blurry"

Edited by Keneu

Guest Ian Marks

Keneu -

That's exactly what I was reacting to when I suggested that people avoid this auction. This guy's hyperbole raises a big red flag. If someone has something of value to sell on Ebay, they should be able to describe it without resorting to such tactics. If he's the seller I think he is, he does this all the time. "My friend swears by it but won't tell me what it is...." Sheesh!