Nikon mount for Eyemo

Henri Titchen

Hi,

Is it possible to purchase an adapter to use Nikon mount lenses on the Eyemo? I know that it is possible to fit a "hardfront" which has the mount permanently changed.

It appears the Nikon lenses sit further from film. (Eyemo 1.50")( Nikon 1.83"). Therefore my GUESS is that an adapter could be made that would still permit lenses to properly focus at infinity.

Thanks From,

Henry.

Nikon lenses generally have a metal shroud and aperture preset lever that stick out another 5/16 inch or so past the actual flange. These parts are wider in diameter than the Eyemo mount. It might be possible to make an adaptor if you ground the shroud and lever off of the lenses (you wouldn't be able to use them on a Nikon then).

I made a cheap mount using parts from old-style Nikon "K" extension tubes, sleeved to fit over the Eyemo mount and held in place with set screws. The Eyemo mount had to be milled down a half inch, so it's not exactly reversible.

I have a reflexed Nikon mount Eyemo that I am very happy with.

The work was done by Steve's Cine Service in Canada.

I'd like to know which lenses for the Eyemo you are happy with for colour work.

I haven't found any Eyemo mount lenses at all that were good for colour.

I have a second Eyemo Q and would love to leave it "stock" and hav some decent lenses for it.

I haven't shot anything with the Eyemo yet. I just purchased it a couple of weeks ago. Three of my Eyemo lenses are out for repair, and only one out of 6 has coated lenses... a nice Miltar 6". I am under the assumption from another post that the Miltar is a much newer lens than the others I have, with the best glass ever made for Eyemos. I guess I'll find out the differences when I shoot my first test roll, after the other lenses come back!