My website

Amazing work! Love the framing, colors and lighting, simply excellent! I especially enjoyed the Revista Cais spot, really beautiful and emotional.

I'm amazed to see how good the commercials are in Portugal. I checked Krypton's website a while ago and found them way better than many commercials here in Belgium. What kind of format you usually shoot on? Here, it's getting more and more video which is a shame. Was the "Optimus Apagão" shot on anamorphic?

Congratulations again!

• Premium Member
Amazing work! Love the framing, colors and lighting, simply excellent! I especially enjoyed the Revista Cais spot, really beautiful and emotional.

I'm amazed to see how good the commercials are in Portugal. I checked Krypton's website a while ago and found them way better than many commercials here in Belgium. What kind of format you usually shoot on? Here, it's getting more and more video which is a shame. Was the "Optimus Apagão" shot on anamorphic?

Congratulations again!

Thanks!

Most of the time we shoot 35mm, "Cais" was shot Super 16mm with bleach by pass on the negative. Yes"Optimus Apagão" was shot with Hawk Anamorphic.

Portugal has very good DPs and directors, but we're kind of "stuck" here... No one looks at Portugal...

All the best!

• Premium Member
Amazing work. The website is really great too, easy to navigate and looks very professional. Congrats!

When you did the bleach bypass did you expose normaly or compensate by underexposing? I looks great.

Hi there! Thanks a lot!

I normally underexpose 1 stop for 100% bleach by pass, I'll put 200asa in my lightmeter if i'm using 100asa stock and get my light readings normally. Some DPs won't do that, they'll expose normally and then underexpose on telecine or when printing, depends on what you're looking for, or just how you like to work your negative. I beleive color timers prefer to underexpose or "correct" the bleach in the lab when printing.

But, I prefered to bleach by pass the previous negatives series ( EXR,Vision ), the effect was better (ex: Super bock Green "Anjos" 100% BBP - Kodak 320T, "Cais" 100% Bbp- Kodak 100T -7248, "Bes 360º" Kodak 5248 50% BBP+Chocolat 1 + Straw 1, "Sapo King" Fuji 125T + Positive Copy with 100% BBP). Here in Portugal you can only get the Vision 2 nowdays ( or Fuji , witch I use very often) And I don't like them that much for bleach by passing, pushing or pulling.

As for the site it was made in iWeb, but have to fix some things...

WOW Andre WELL DONE mate!!! extremely WELL DONE!

Loved: Cronica Feminina <--- very contemporary "Almodovar'ish"... I also liked very much "Super Bock"....

The Shots - Framing, Colors, Lighting <--- superb!!! What can I say - well done mate - beautiful work Andre!

my best,

Joey Dee