FrameRate for fast action

GLPVideo

We are shooting a concert type video and the musicians, especially the drummers will have fast action happening. We want to shoot 24p for the look but I wasn't sure if 30p may be better for the reproduction of that action. Any advice ?

Thanks

DH

We are shooting a concert type video and the musicians, especially the drummers will have fast action happening. We want to shoot 24p for the look but I wasn't sure if 30p may be better for the reproduction of that action. Any advice ?

Thanks

DH

I'd like to hear what people have to say but since nobody has answered you yet what I think of

is that:

1. In video people seem to go to faster shutter speeds for action, such as capturing golf wings,

but isn't the 24P look derived partially from the 1/48th shuter speed and what would happen

if you changed that?

2. Film is 24 f.p.s. and everything gets shot. People do change shutter speeds but I think that

it's different because the video 1/48th is meant to approxiamate the 1/50th film exposure

time at 24 f.p.s..

It might be fun to do a test. 24P still is going to have a look because it is 24P but maybe

you can change the shutter speed and get crisper action. You'll need light though because

with a faster shutter speed you're going to have to open up. Good luck.

I'd like to hear what people have to say but since nobody has answered you yet what I think of

is that:

1. In video people seem to go to faster shutter speeds for action, such as capturing golf wings,

but isn't the 24P look derived partially from the 1/48th shuter speed and what would happen

if you changed that?

2. Film is 24 f.p.s. and everything gets shot. People do change shutter speeds but I think that

it's different because the video 1/48th is meant to approxiamate the 1/50th film exposure

time at 24 f.p.s..

It might be fun to do a test. 24P still is going to have a look because it is 24P but maybe

you can change the shutter speed and get crisper action. You'll need light though because

is that:

if you changed that?

time at 24 f.p.s..

is that:

if you changed that?

time at 24 f.p.s..

Jim

Thanks for the reply, I did do some tests with the shutter speed and came up with some possibilities. It's really about the "look" and the like you mentioned about getting a crisper action, which you can accomplish, and which is what I was really trying to provide. I know what I like now it's a matter of showing the director his options.

Thanks Again