optar illumina

i have found this ....from http://www.optarillumina.com/

"Beware that there are websites using the Optar Illumina lenses to lure traffic to their website by misleading the sale price of the lenses for 7,400.00 ( http://www.kievcamera.com/camera.php?ID=125 ) USD or less, half the MSR price. When an unsuspecting buyer attempts to take advantage of the promotion offered, the seller then provides a reason why they can not honor their promotion and a substitute product is offered".

anyone know something else about this?? thanks

i have found this ....from http://www.optarillumina.com/

"Beware that there are websites using the Optar Illumina lenses to lure traffic to their website by misleading the sale price of the lenses for 7,400.00 ( http://www.kievcamera.com/camera.php?ID=125 ) USD or less, half the MSR price. When an unsuspecting buyer attempts to take advantage of the promotion offered, the seller then provides a reason why they can not honor their promotion and a substitute product is offered".

anyone know something else about this?? thanks

If you need modern Super 16 fast prime lenses with Arri PL you can find of Elite Optics lenses from St-Petersburg too.

Possible, Krasnogorsk optical and mechanical factory, manufacturer of Optar Illuminal had limited lot of delivery ?

• 2 weeks later...
If you need modern Super 16 fast prime lenses with Arri PL you can find of Elite Optics lenses from St-Petersburg too.

Possible, Krasnogorsk optical and mechanical factory, manufacturer of Optar Illuminal had limited lot of delivery ?

Luma Tech, Inc in Weston FL USA is the developer and worldwide distributor of the Optar Illumina Super 16 T1.3 primes [http://www.optarillumina.com] that is licensed to Zenit /JSC Krasnogorsky Zavod RU [http://www.zenit-foto.ru/english/index.htm] to manufacture the Optar Illumina lenses. We have sold over 5,000 sets in the last twelve years to companies of all sizes and varieties, from independent producers/DP's, production and rental houses through education to government. There are NO "limited lot of delivery". The Optar Illumina lenses are very much available and in stock, just not at the misleading price of 7,400.00 USD. Kiev Camera has removed the misleading advertising and XL1Solutions will soon follow. The Elite Optics are available from Slow Motion Inc in the US or direct from JSC Optica Elite in RU [http://www.optica-elite.com]. The Optar Illumina lenses cannot be purchased direct from the factory as with the Elite Optics, only from Luma Tech, Inc [http://www.optarillumina.com] or one of our authorized dealers.

Hopefully, this has been helpful to dispel the mystery behind the Optar Illumina lens.

post-18131-1169172468_thumb.gif

Luma Tech, Inc in Weston FL USA is the developer and worldwide distributor of the Optar Illumina Super 16

You wish say, what Luma Tech is the developer of Optar Illumina lenses?

I think, Luma Tech must need a some modesty.

Optar Illumina- this is West name of russian OKS lenses, made in KMZ Krasnorgosk factory, at special order.

Yes, Luma Tech co-ordinate of outside view of body of lens, color of digitals on scale, style of digitals and other.

But, Optar Illumina lenses included original russian optical block OKS, russian development of KMS and LIKI . And not need forger about this.

And the optical blocks have original russian name similar of OKS-15-50

That's why, I think, the better if you say, what Luma worldwide distributor and owner of special edition of lenses of Kransogrosk factory with Brand name " Optar Illunuma"

From other side, i wish say big thanks of Luma Tech company for promotion of russian professional cine lenses, because, Optar Illumina the real brand name of high quality professional cine lenses.

And the many professional film makers on the World know about high optical quality of Optar Illumina lenses.

These lenses of one of the best modern russian lens.

You wish say, what Luma Tech is the developer of Optar Illumina lenses?

I think, Luma Tech must need a some modesty.

Optar Illumina- this is West name of russian OKS lenses, made in KMZ Krasnorgosk factory, at special order.

Yes, Luma Tech co-ordinate of outside view of body of lens, color of digitals on scale, style of digitals and other.

But, Optar Illumina lenses included original russian optical block OKS, russian development of KMS and LIKI . And not need forger about this.

And the optical blocks have original russian name similar of OKS-15-50

That's why, I think, the better if you say, what Luma worldwide distributor and owner of special edition of lenses of Kransogrosk factory with Brand name " Optar Illunuma"

From other side, i wish say big thanks of Luma Tech company for promotion of russian professional cine lenses, because, Optar Illumina the real brand name of high quality professional cine lenses.

And the many professional film makers on the World know about high optical quality of Optar Illumina lenses.

These lenses of one of the best modern russian lens.

We agree on the fact that the Optar Illumina lens is one of the best modern Russian lens, however the rest is simply not true and for the benefit of the members I will present a brief time line for the Optar Illumina lens.

In actual fact the Optar Illumina high speed primes was first developed by Gregory Mirand in the early '90's, New Image International at the time, together with a Russian Optical Engineer at JSC Optika in St Petersburg from scratch. The project was fully funded by Gregory Mirand/New Image International. At the time, there was little funding for development other than from the West, just as with most Eastern block countries. The idea was to create a set of super 16 high speed primes T1.3 (7.5 x 12.4 format) for the North American market and a super 16 11-110 T2 zoom. A prototype of the 11-110 T2 zoom was developed but never went into production due to the Zeiss and Cooke zooms already available. There was however a market for the super 16 high speed primes and the 'Optar' Super 16 T1.3 lens was born. The production of the Optar lens then moved to Zenit/KMZ Krasnorgosk in 1995 due to manufacturing issues at JSC Optika and the lens was renamed 'Optar Illumina'. Peter Abel, our distributor at the time, suggested to add 'Illumina' to distance the lens manufactured at KMZ from the 'Optar' manufactured at JSC and Luma Tech, Inc was formed to distribute the Optar Illumina brand worldwide. JSC Optika formed JSC Optika 'Elite' to distribute the lens as Optar Elite, initially it was the identical lens with minor brand alterations. We did not have the muscle to tackle a copy right action in Russia at the time. You can view our Exclusive Designer Agreement on our website [http://www.optarillumina.com/#About%20Us].

Hopefully, this is helpful to dispel the assumptions and stories of the Optar Illumina lens. Gregory welcomes any questions you may have regarding the Optar Illumina lens, you can either email us or call.

post-18131-1169238657_thumb.gif

In actual fact the Optar Illumina high speed primes was first developed by Gregory Mirand in the early '90's, New Image International at the time, together with a Russian Optical Engineer at JSC Optika in St Petersburg from scratch. The project was fully funded by Gregory Mirand/New Image International.

post-18131-1169238657_thumb.gif

I not wish discuss about real name of developer of Optar Illumina lenses, because, this is not very interestingly.

I wish underline of idea, what Optar Illumina lens the great instance of best designs of russian optical designer school and american management and promotion.

Possible, Gregory Mirand had russian name and represent of russian optical designer school ? I don't know.

I see this name on Optar Illumina contract only.

And, I can supposition, what you have surface knowledges about lens production technology.

Because, I can't imagine american project with full set of working drawings and russian production.

If the Optar Illumina - american project, i will be glad to ask you to show of any part of working drawings of Optar Illumina

And wish know, the working drawings have size on inch or millimeter ?

The russian lens production factory to use a russian industrial standards ( GOST, OST ), the russian systems of critical dimensional features, the russian technology of lens productions and many many other.

And you wish tell me, what american engineer know all this details very good and maker design in accord of

russian standards ?

I can't believe.

From other side, The russian film production industry had many projects of Super 16 and Super 35 lenses.

And this is old russian design potential to be in popular demand.

Yes, The many russian design projects not had continuation on production series and get dusty.

I can confirmof idea about not high interest of Super 16 lenses at 90.

We had popular Kinor-16 cine cameras with OKS and OPF lenses of normal 16 format and had modern projects of Kinor-16 R ( 4 KSR) and Kinor-16 8R cameras.

This was basic camera for Super 16 OKS lenses.

But, this was low lot of equipmenst only. That's why, USSR not need many Super 16 lenses.

From other side, america businessman see very good future prospect of take russian project, modify for modern market request and we can see of very good result of cooperation.

Don't know why there should be such an argument here. I know that at one point Peter and/or Rich Abel (brothers & owners of Abel Cine Tech) travelled to Russia and worked directly with the Russian engineers building the Optar Illumina lenses. I would not denigrate the Russian involvement at all, but the American contribution was certainly much more than repackaging Russian product.

Don't know why there should be such an argument here. I know that at one point Peter and/or Rich Abel (brothers & owners of Abel Cine Tech) travelled to Russia and worked directly with the Russian engineers building the Optar Illumina lenses. I would not denigrate the Russian involvement at all, but the American contribution was certainly much more than repackaging Russian product.

Yes, of course, the American contribution was certainly much more than repackaging Russian product.

The base side of this contribution - the World see new professional lens with name : "Optar Illumina ".

( Frankly speaking, the packing of Optar Illumina have original packing of KMZ factory with LOGO of KMZ factory. But, this is not important. )

The important - Optar Illumiona have high optical characteristics of professional cine lens.

Optar Illumina lenses the result of very good business cooperation of LUMA and Russian engineers.

The KMZ factory had very good project of Super 16 lens, but, don't had good result of sale.

Luma create of new image of lenses, create of new style of outside view and we have new lens.

I wish underlime again, Optar Illumina, modern, high quality professional Super 16 cine lenses and many filmmakers happy to use of this lens for personal shooting.

Olex, what is your opinon of the Russian lenses that were made for 35mm format? I have some MKBK high speed primes some in OCT-19 and some in PL. I have not done definitive tests but they seem to be pretty good.

- are these releated to the 35mm elites ?

- what else is out there, are the Optica, Optar, Elite, MKBK essentially the same thing with differnt names / housings.

Matt Uhry

www.fuzby.com

Edited by mattuhry

Olex, what is your opinon of the Russian lenses that were made for 35mm format? I have some MKBK high speed primes some in OCT-19 and some in PL. I have not done definitive tests but they seem to be pretty good.

- are these releated to the 35mm elites ?

- what else is out there, are the Optica, Optar, Elite, MKBK essentially the same thing with differnt names / housings.

Matt Uhry

www.fuzby.com

Frankly speaking, this is questions a some not about Optal Illumina. but, I hope, the film makers will interest know more information.

My personal opinion, what the all russian lenses have high optical quality.

I subdivide of all lenses on the World on a few optical designers schools. ( I hope, you understand, what i mean.

This is German optical designers School ( Carl Zeiss, Schneider ... )

The lenses have maximum natural style of image, real colors, tones and sharpness.

England optical designers school ( Cooke )

Japanese optical designers school ( Toyo Nippon, Nikon .... )

This is lenses have high contrast, sharpness, color saturation.

Russian optical designers school ( LOMO, MKBK, EKRAN, KMZ )

The russian lenses unite of best character of German lenses - natural style of image, and Japanese lenses -

high sharpness and contrast of image.

That's why, the many filmmakers like use of russian lenses now.

About your question.

The russian optical design offices had many advanced development of modern lenses at time after 1990.

But, the USSR optical production not make of this modern lenses, because, don't have money.

The USSR had big financial problems.

The many optical design offices be transformed on new companies.

But, the advanced development of modern lenses not losted and next designs create on the base of this developments.

The new companies take West tools and equipments, unite with old ideas and projects and we have modern professional lenses

At USSR time, the government give projects of Super 16 lenses on KMZ and LOMO.

From KMZ line we have Optar Illumina, from LOMO line, we have Elite Optics Super 16 lenses.

I don't wish tell, what Optar Illimuna Super 16 and Elite Optics Super 16 the similar lenses.

I had not possibility to compare of all this lenses on test.

But, I think, this lines of lenses had similar source and similar base principles of optical blocks and optical formulas.

You can see way of Elite Optics lenses.

The engineers of Elite Optics company created and manufactured lenses on LOMO, LITMO and other companies at 1990. Today, they make real professional lenses and create new lenses too.

You can see series of Super 16, Super 35, anamorphic prime lenses and zoom lenses.

I can not tell, what " Optica, Optar, Elite, MKBK essentially the same thing with different names ".

This is different lenses.

MKBK, Ekran lenses, the lenses of former USSR.

Elite Optics lenses - next generations of russian lenses, new design, but, with base ideas and technology of

designing from MKBK, Ekran lenses.