eterna 250D

Ken Minehan

Hello guys, i am shooing a TV commercial in Cambodia next week, and my producer in Thailand has told me that she got Eterna 250D for the shoot. I initially asked for Kodak 250D vision 2.

I have never shot on the Fuji stocks before and i was wandering what you guys think of the stock. I have read up on it, but i wanted to hear from people who have had practical experience on the eterna 250D.

How is the latitude, skin tones, grain noise in blacks etc?

Any information/advice will be appreciated

Thank you

Ken Minehan

Last week I did a side by side test with Fuji Eterna 250D 8563 and Kodak Vision 2 250D 5205.

Day exterior T2.8 / .6ND + True Pol / 1/2 stop over exposed - with One light Print to Vision Colour Print film.

As David said, contrast was higher in the Kodak - skin tones on both stocks were true and very similar ( we were filming 3 black actresses with a range of light to dark skin) - grain structure was also very similar, I had expected to find that the fuji stock would be slightly grainer but this was not discernable. Shadow detail again seemed similar (last time I did a side to side test with fuji and kodak was about 10 years ago, '93 200T I think, Kodak had far greater shadow detail).

Both stocks looked excellent but in the end we went with Kodak for the higher contrast.

If you are going straight to a TK the contrast should not be an issue.