Bolex H16 non-reflex Film Test

Matt Bizer

not bad lighting, little dark, but good colors. I love color reversal, although there's really not a good reason to shoot it other than quick processing for a news report in 1973. I'm at work and have no speakers so I don't know if you linked sound. Image was mostly steady, only a couple jumps that are standard in bolex land. I'll say it again, awesome saturation of colors. Looks like you have a fully functioning bolex.

good luck!

not bad lighting, little dark, but good colors. I love color reversal, although there's really not a good reason to shoot it other than quick processing for a news report in 1973. I'm at work and have no speakers so I don't know if you linked sound. Image was mostly steady, only a couple jumps that are standard in bolex land. I'll say it again, awesome saturation of colors. Looks like you have a fully functioning bolex.

good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. I appriciate it! The Darkness of the scenes is intentional, but the .mpg conversion isnt really tweaked and it lost some information in exporting. I based some of the lighting concepts on some paintings by caravaggio. I got the camera for free though so I am really happy to see it turned out.

Thanks again.

I shot my 1st reel of film on my new Bolex H-16 non-reflex this week...

Let me know what you think.

It is a pretty low res mpg sorry

Hey matt,

I think that as a test its looks pretty good, I think its not too saturated for a reversal film and the colors and the contrast are pretty well balance, can you tell me please what lens did you use? And what kind of telecine did you do (spirit?)?