CVP File editor

Shaun Joye

Hello,

I recently got a hold of the cvp file editor for the sony f900. I have yet to be able to get good results. It seems that everytime I import a set of points what the program does with them is almost completely unpredictable, and its close to imposible to get useful results from manipulating the curve visually. I'd be interested to know what I need to do to get usable curves if anyone has any advice.

Thanks,

Shaun

So maybe I should be a bit more specific... it seems with most curves I create the program flattens the top of it usually around y=120... I'm still trying to figure out why it does it. It seems to have something to do with the shape of the curve. It seems like anyone using this program would just pick up a paint box after five minutes. Does anyone actually use this?

• 5 weeks later...

hi there

i'm still waiting for my install key to use the cvp.

Nevertheless I got some curves, which have been created with the software.

They have been created for a F900/3, I used them with a F900R.

Their shape have been right but it took some step gamma adjustments to fit

them to the camera.

Any other experiences?

Harry Capota

HD/ E-CINEMA

www.dropout-films.de

• 4 weeks later...

Been trying to get a hold of that editor for our 900 for ages. No one at Sony Europe seemed to know anything about it or where I could get it from.

Then I heard they pulled it off the CineAlta site for some reason. Seems to be very popular at Sony to just pull stuff that doesn't work instead of fixing it.