New to forum, rekindling an old flame...

Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you why I have decided on subscribing to this forum. My name is David and I just recently decided to get more involved in video and film. I'm doing this more as a hobby and maybe as I do more with what I learn and what experience I gain from there I could go professional.

I recently dug out my old film camera. I have had, for years now, an old Bell & Howell 240 camera. I WANT TO GET THIS THING UP AND RUNNING ONCE AND FOR ALL. Where can I find film? Could I find film in the Allentown, Pennsylvania area? What about processing? What's the best way to transfer film to DV? Where can I find a manual online for the B&H 240? What sort of accessories would be suggested to get with this sort of film camera? I know a light meter is a must! My main motive for video and film is for documenting purposes and for producing music videos for several local bands.

I have several methods of editing video once I can get film dumped to DV format. Some software I use includes Vegas Video, iMovie, and QuickTime to name a few.

Can anyone here tell me if they have had any experience with the above said camera? What are some of the pros and cons that you have come across?

The DV camera I use is a Sony Handycam DCR-HC26. There are some very versatile functions on this cam. It's almost like having your own video studio. I really enjoy taking video with this cam. I'll have to post some videos on here in the near future.

Thanks for any and all help!

David

Allentown, PA isn't that far from NYC, where you can get 16mm stock and post services, including a telecine transfer to DV.

I have the equipment to do the transfer to DV, and I found a place to order film online, all I need now is a place to develop the film.

Thanks.

David