Processing Plus X Negative like Reversal

I bought one of those old 16mm cameras that use the 50' magazines. A place nearby has some mags loaded with Plus X Negative film and said I could process it as reversal with their lab. Would that work? What would that look like? I've read some stuff about cross-processing reversal as negative, but not the other way around.

Anyone know of a lab that will process the 50'magazines for a reasonable price and give me back the magazines?

Cheers,

David

• 4 weeks later...

This is an interesting subject. I had a go at deveopling some 16mm B&W reversal at home recently (out dated 7278 given 1/3 stop more exposure). Although the film density was a bit thin, (I'm assuming this as the sprocket area was not black, but more of a darkish grey) the image was great and encouraging. I'm up for some more experimentation in this area. (time consuming as it may be)

Reading above about the possible low contrast when processing B&W neg as reversal, will pushing the film a couple of stops increase the contrast? would it be better to push 7231 rather than the faster 7222 stock ? or am I really asking too much of the film here?

I'm an experimenter, and so not concerned about the inevitable golf ball sized grains in the emulsion as a result of this.

Chris (UK)