Arriflex SR2 S-16 Super 16 package with latest registration pin model

Tobias Mennle

Arriflex SR2 S-16 Super 16 package with latest registration pin model

Package $14900

Arriflex SR2 body no. 63753 S-16 ? latest registration pin, very steady up to 100F/s!

3 mags, S-16 modification

3 on board batteries with camera plug, need to be recelled

2 Arri chargers for on board batteries

Video assist colour, custom made, in handle

Arri variable speed unit, modified, with better potentiometer, max. speed 120F/s

15mm Arri rods with extension

Test film steadiness

Extras:

Arri wide angle eyepiece, $1000, only sold with package

Viewfinder extension, $950

2 mags, one HighSpeed, S-16 converted, serviced, $900 each

I sell because I had to change to HD. The camera and mags show signs of use, and they have been used and never let me down. I had the latest registration pin model installed in 2006, it cost almost $1700 at geckocam Munich, Georg Bogner did the job, he´s the German SR guru. This pin is a bit bigger than the old one to better fit the new film emulsions. Now the camera is very steady up to 100F/s (I did not test above) and fulfills Arri specifications. I would not use an SR without the new registration for today´s critical work any more, the difference in steadiness is overwhelming. The camera is very quiet. S-16 conversion was performed by Peter Denz/Munich (denz-deniz.com) 3 years ago. The fibre screen is from Denz showing 1.78 HDTV with 2 smaller marks for 14:9. Denz claims it´s 2 stops brighter than the Arri screens. The pin left to the fisher pin was converted for powering the video assist. Camera history: I bought it about 7 years ago from ZDF (german TV station), so I´m sure this camera has been serviced regularly from the beginning.

The magazines were converted to S-16 by my technician, analogue to the P+S conversion. I had no problems after that conversion. They have just been serviced and have new friction felts.

3 on board batteries; I strongly recommend new cells. If I were to use the SR in the future, I´d get someone to make me an adapter for Vmount lithium batteries, the Chinese models are ok and so cheap.

2 Arri chargers ? because what do you do if one fails during the shoot?

The video assist is custom made, colour, the smallest I´ve ever seen. I used it for remote and crane applications. It is ok for framing a shot with a wide angle, but not for critical work with focus pulling. But the camera is prepared for other video assists, it has a 70:30 beamsplitter, and you could put all the Arri, P+S etc. SR video assists on it instead of the handle.

The Arri VSU was modified with a better, more stable potentiometer with a slighly higher speed range. I used the camera with 100F/s a couple of times and I don´t believe this is a problem.

Arri 15mm rods with extension

Test film steadiness, 25 and 100F/s, for 3 mags

I´ll include 3 rolls of older Kodak emulsions I have in the freezer for testing purposes, if you like.

Extras:

The eyepiece is an Arri one ? I guess the one which came out with the BL3 and it´s so much more comfortable to work with a wide-angle eyepiece in S-16. It looks very used from outside but the optics are almost perfect. I only sell it with the package.

The viewfinder extension looks used, optics are very good.

I live in Germany and I ship worldwide. You have a one week return option ? no questions asked - but postage and customs is completely at your expense. European union buyers will have to add 19% VAT if they can´t provide a valid European tax number.

Pictures and more information available via e-mail: tobias (dot) mennle (at) web (dot) de