Screenplay . . . editor . . . assistant . . .?

Ok buds, I just finished writing a screenplay that a friend and I are planning to put into production. I wrote it, and then I sent it to my friend, who looked it over and changed a few lines and fixed my grammar and such. Is this man now my co-writer? Or maybe one of the not-necessarily-existant titles I posted as the topic of this message? What do I credit him as? Please help.

Well in the big leagues that sort of thing is typically considered by the Writer's Guild. Typically though, a rewrite doesn't get a credit as writer. Neither does grammar correction. If his contribution is substantial though you should credit as a co-writer - "Screenplay by Writer A and Writer B,"

The way you make it sound is that your friend just touched up a few tiny things. That meants that they definately would not be a co-writter (they would need to write around 50 % of it to be a co-writter). I would say that the best thing to call him would be a script editor because without him the script would not be substantially different.

Zamir Merali

The way you make it sound is that your friend just touched up a few tiny things. That meants that they definately would not be a co-writter (they would need to write around 50 % of it to be a co-writter). I would say that the best thing to call him would be a script editor because without him the script would not be substantially different.

Zamir Merali

Is a scipt editor something that I could rationally credit him as?