Up rez from DVX100A

Leon Rodriguez

• Premium Member

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject Jan.

Yes, I shot in 24P not 24P advanced. The documentation in AXP 4.0 calls for 24P but I'm finding that you have to experiment a lot regardless of what the manuals indicate.

BTW, this will be screening at the Arclight Sept. 10th at 10pm. I can barely wait to see it on one of those huge screens.

As for everyone else, thanks for the help and your patience with all my questions.

• Premium Member

Hi,

The consolation prize here is that it's all reversible with a succinct bit of AVIsynth scripting. Mr. Pingol may be able to advise better than I since I don't deal with these issues over here in PALville. You have the added advantage that the 4:1:1 colour subsampling of NTSC DV doesn't cause inter-field colour bleed, which can really screw you up nicely with 4:2:0.

Phil

There's even some interesting way to have a script that's able to detect mixed patterns, so one could take material that was cut with 3:2-pulldown applied (as opposed to the correct way, which is of course to cut in true 24P, since cutting 3:2 material will give you something like 3:2:3:2:2:3:2:3:3:2:2:3, etc.), and have a 24P stream at the end.

Pretty darn handy if you ask me. ;)