Sync sound/camer noise of S16 ACL II

matt wheeldon

G'day all,

My first post, so please go gently...

I'm seriously considering a S16 ACL II for a low budget 80 minute drama to be shot in Australia. I've read the specs, and heard a number of great reports, but I'm looking for the low down from DP's who have ACTUALLY shot with one. Location sound is very important to me, and a couple of the planned locations are pretty 'live'.

How noisy is it? Do different ACL's vary? Do they scratch? (I'm planning on Kodak Vision II 200 & 500 mainly) Is the whole English mags (400') vs French mags such a big issue?

Finally, how easy is it to fit a video tap?

What's a reasonable price (USD for a S16 ACL II).

That's enough for now, I'm sure.

Thanks to you all. This site has been a huge help already.

Matt.

Director/Curious-about-all-things-in-all-departments.

G'day all,

My first post, so please go gently...

I'm seriously considering a S16 ACL II for a low budget 80 minute drama to be shot in Australia. I've read the specs, and heard a number of great reports, but I'm looking for the low down from DP's who have ACTUALLY shot with one. Location sound is very important to me, and a couple of the planned locations are pretty 'live'.

How noisy is it? Do different ACL's vary? Do they scratch? (I'm planning on Kodak Vision II 200 & 500 mainly) Is the whole English mags (400') vs French mags such a big issue?

Finally, how easy is it to fit a video tap?

What's a reasonable price (USD for a S16 ACL II).

That's enough for now, I'm sure.

Thanks to you all. This site has been a huge help already.

Matt.

Director/Curious-about-all-things-in-all-departments.

Hi,

I went through the same quest recently and finally got an ACL2. You'll find plenty of informations and links on the 16mm forum about Eclairs.

Marc.

Good luck