Need to get my DeJur camera repaired

Michael Rizzi

Hey all,

I have a DeJur super 8 camera. You've probably never heard of it, there's not much info on them, as far as I've researched anyway, found it a few years ago in my grandparents garage. I don't think it had been used since the late 70's when they got the VHS camera and replaced the super8 for home movies. It's a very, very simple camera, just body and fixed lens...only the lens has recently become UN-fixed and is about to fall off of the camera. There are no visible screws or mount or anything and I don't feel techy enough to pull it apart and fix it myself. So...long story short...anyone know of places or people (in the LA area preferably) that could help me out with such a problem? Thanks.

Rizzi

• Premium Member
Hey all,

I have a DeJur super 8 camera. You've probably never heard of it, there's not much info on them, as far as I've researched anyway, found it a few years ago in my grandparents garage. I don't think it had been used since the late 70's when they got the VHS camera and replaced the super8 for home movies. It's a very, very simple camera, just body and fixed lens...only the lens has recently become UN-fixed and is about to fall off of the camera. There are no visible screws or mount or anything and I don't feel techy enough to pull it apart and fix it myself. So...long story short...anyone know of places or people (in the LA area preferably) that could help me out with such a problem? Thanks.

Rizzi

Spectrafilmandvideo.com in North Hollywood may be able to help you. They may feel uncomfortable charging you more than the camera is worth. Does the camera have sentimental value and that's why you want to fix it? If you are curious about Super-8 Spectra usually keeps a few lower cost Super-8 cameras available for purchase for the beginner.