bnc adapter plugs

hi,

i ve just started out as a camera trainee in tokyo, and though almost everything is completely different from what ive experienced back in europe we do still use mostly arri, in my case the 535b and the 435 to begin with. my senpai sent me to buy bnc adapter plugs cause every ac here carries a set for themselves. so i wanted to know which would be the most common ones to use?

what i would have bought:

bnc to cinch

bnc/bnc male coupler

bnc/bnc female coupler

are there any other ones often used that i dont know of?

any other adapter plugs that i should have?

would be great if anyone could help me out on that one

thanks

anna

• Premium Member

Hi,

Seconded all of the above.

If you're into that sort of gear, also get yourself a 4-pin XLR power checker or two (if you're doing 24V cameras)

I have the deepest possible respect for someone who's willing to go and not only learn how to be an AC, but do it in one of the world's most incredible languages.

Phil

thanx a lot for advice, i am now owning a beautiful set of silverish shining adapter plugs, waiting to be used on my next job.

well i actually am living my dream here in japan, combining my two passions but it can be really tough too. its my second day straight that im working on my japanese film-vocabulary sheet and is the the 60tiest time that i cant remember the word for shutter angle. wich leads me to think that life is as tough as you make it for yourself. haha.

best from the island

anna