Revere 16mm

Joe Smith

• Premium Member
I believe this takes single perf film right? Is it worth the trouble? The magazine film is readily avaliable and was wondering if any one knew about these. Thanks1fb6_1.JPG

Magazine film is Double perf, and is wound inside out, the film goes over The same sproket twice and the magazines only are 50 ft long.

If you want to use it you will have to acquire some mags and spend a lot of time winding film in the dark, alther you buy whatever stock you want as a special order.

Many of the 100 ft spool cameras can take single perf, or can be modified to use it.

I have bought of couple of the B&H mag cameras just to steal their lenses and finders.

• Premium Member
so there really is no point in having regular 16mm.

regular 16 is fine for many applications, but the magzine camera were intened for home movie use in the early 1950's. Their are so many 100Ft spool cameras, many of which will accept or can be simply modified to use modern regualr 16mm stock taht it is probaly not worthwhile thinging about the mag cameras, whith the exception of uses like Crash and Helment monted cameras where the smaller size of a magazine usnit may make the film supply hastle less combersom.

If you buy fresh sotock, you will get siingle perf, which can be used for both Regular 16mm format and also super 16mm format depending on the camera. A magazine can only be loaded with double perf stock which is a special order item, unless you modify both the magazine and probaly the camera. You will still have all the conprimises of the amgazine design, (presure plate in the mag, 50FT max load)

A keystone 100 ft load camera is actually very competent if it is cleaned and adjusted, and can be found ready to take single perf. They often sell for under 40 dollars on e-bay. A filmo, or a B&H 240 is a very competent camera for generaly under $150 US. most again set up for single perf stoock and regualr 16mm format.

thanks for the info :) I actually just won a keystone a7 or 9 (don't remember which one) on ebay. So it looks like i might be modding the keystone :). And would i be able to use a 50mm olympus lens with this? (with a cmount to olympus adapter)or would it vignette?

You can find 50 foot carts of 16mm on ebay and also at java photo I believe.

You can get double perf, just order directly from kodak or fuji and specify it. I never had a problem but if you're serious, just upgrade your camera or rent, it's easier.

• Premium Member
thanks for the info :) I actually just won a keystone a7 or 9 (don't remember which one) on ebay. So it looks like i might be modding the keystone :). And would i be able to use a 50mm olympus lens with this? (with a cmount to olympus adapter)or would it vignette?

The keystone may be set up for single or double, I have one of each. Mine are all waiting for a good cleaning/ lubrication as I am not sure if they are close to speed.

A file and so patience is probaly want you need to convertone for super 16 , although I havent looked to see if the shutter is big enough to cover a filed out frame.

Guest Michael Carter

when you have two, one can have the top teeth filed off the drive wheel. The drive wheel can be interchanged, then, with other ones so you don't need to do it again.

If you search on my posts here you will find close up pictures inside the 50 foot magazines.

Michael Carter, studiocarter

Guest Michael Carter
no longer on any sites, i guess you have to call kodak of fuji

I bought a case of empty mags on ebay. The seller is on there a lot. Film may be possible. Loading is easy enough.

I shot negative, 4-5 rolls of it and had a fully timed print made. It is great. Black & White. I love those little cameras.

http://www.alangordon.com/s_filmcam16_mags.html

Java also sells it.

There is no reason why anybody can't load them. I had to UNload in a bag and spool them inorder to get a lab to process them. They did after film was on spools.

Michael Carter

Guest Michael Carter

And here are magazines for you to load:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kodak-Gun-Camera-Magaz...1QQcmdZViewItem

ebay magazines

and look here:

java film

http://www.athens.net/~macjava/filmpage.html

If someone knows about getting film, I'm ready to buy some, too. Please post info here? That would be bulk film to wind down into small loads for the magazines.

thanks,

Michael Carter

Edited by Michael Carter

Guest Michael Carter

Never mind about the film. A Kodak film pdf catalog from 12/2006 has lots of 2R double perf film for sale. Any of them could be loaded into the little magazines.

Michael Carter

• Premium Member
Never mind about the film. A Kodak film pdf catalog from 12/2006 has lots of 2R double perf film for sale. Any of them could be loaded into the little magazines.

But check the footnotes - only a few of them are kept in stock, the minuimum order can be rather impressive depending on where you are located in the world. I belive that their are few stocks that you can order a couple of 100 ft rolls double perf anymore.

Guest Michael Carter
But check the footnotes - only a few of them are kept in stock, the minuimum order can be rather impressive depending on where you are located in the world. I belive that their are few stocks that you can order a couple of 100 ft rolls double perf anymore.

I'd want a large roll to put onto many little cores. 100 foot spools wouldn't do for this purpose. It would be a rather larger size decision, however.

Guest Michael Carter
one more question, for my keystone if it doesn't have a spool where would i get one that is compatible?

The lab would have tons. Ebay. Local collectors. Shooters in your town. School?