key grip reel?

I am a key grip and have a couple years experience on low to 5 million budget features. I am trying to expand my list of DP's and Producers. I wanted to know is it worth me attempting to put together a reel. I have several nice car mount shots and some nice jib/dolly combo shots. but is it worth me putting a reel together?

just wanted some other opinions out there.

Thanks.

• Premium Member

You're probably better off putting together a photo portfolio of rigs you've built, with simple captions describing the obstacles and achievements. Clips from a finished film don't always show the hard work you've done off camera, while photos of rigs you've done look more impressive.

• 3 months later...
I am a key grip and have a couple years experience on low to 5 million budget features. I am trying to expand my list of DP's and Producers. I wanted to know is it worth me attempting to put together a reel. I have several nice car mount shots and some nice jib/dolly combo shots. but is it worth me putting a reel together?

just wanted some other opinions out there.

Thanks.

Hey man,

I checked out your profile and saw your question in your recent posts. I completely agree with Mr. Nash however I would expand that to say:

Rather than a reel you need a website. Its really not that hard. The domain name can be purchased for about 25.00. My hosting company is called GoDaddy. You can see them at Godaddy.com. With a little research on their site you could put up a 1 - 3 page site that included pictures from your rigs and set photos of the movies you've been on. This then becomes very easy for people to check out. My site, listed below is very big (I'm redoing it as we speak) but that is because I have a lot of different aspects to my business and I tend to overdo stuff (;D)

Anywho,

Good luck