some camera help, please.

chris buddy

does anyone have any SPECIFIC experience with their Nizos breaking down? My s800 just began making

a terrible screetching noise on the last roll (as the film passed through).

Then seemed to worsen and would sound like the motor was constantly running every time it was in the on position. And I could tell no film was making its way through.

I pretty much figured it for dead but went back to show someone the deal and it now seems to run fine

again. I was in freezing chicago weather when it crapped out. Could this be the answer?

I don't yet have a roll to try again so i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I appreciate it.

Chris

• Premium Member
does anyone have any SPECIFIC experience with their Nizos breaking down? My s800 just began making a terrible screetching noise on the last roll (as the film passed through). Then seemed to worsen and would sound like the motor was constantly running every time it was in the on position. And I could tell no film was making its way through. I pretty much figured it for dead but went back to show someone the deal and it now seems to run fine again. I was in freezing chicago weather when it crapped out. Could this be the answer? I don't yet have a roll to try again so i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I appreciate it.

Chris

I would guess that the grease has broken down over the years but still works ok in warmer temperatures but no longer does the job in colder environments. Too bad some enterprising service technician doesn't offer lube jobs on Nizo's and nothing else for a moderate rate of under a hundred bucks. The silent Nizo's, some of them at least, open up real easy and I think it's pretty easy to get to the motor for lubing. However, I would not recommend the average person doing it, it's still something best handled by a service technician.