16OPF12-1 10-100mm Zoom Questions

Tim Dashwood

I saw this lens on the Raf Camera site and I'm curious what the geared hand crank is for? Focus or Zoom?

http://rafcamera.com/10100mm-zoom-lens-16o...or16-p-457.html

Has anyone here ever shot with a PL conversion of this lens?

Hi,

It's a zoom crank. I've shot with one of these converted to Aaton mount. It was actually very good. Sharp, nice contrast and just a little warm. I was pleased.

Cheers,

Ian Dudley

I saw this lens on the Raf Camera site and I'm curious what the geared hand crank is for? Focus or Zoom?

Some Angie 12-120s and 9.5-95s have a zoom crank. It's for slow, smooth zooms. It was probably replaced by the zoom motor.

Do either of you know if the zoom crank can be easily removed?

...and also. What is the 16mm Kinor mount actually called? I'd like to find a PL conversion for it.

Yes I've seen PL Mount converted 10x10 2.5 16mm lenses on eBay for about $300.

The format this lens covers is 16mm not Super 16 as far as I can tell.

I just got the Kinor 16 mounted version from a gentleman in Poland for about $90 shipped.

Also the zoom crank can be removed very quickly, it has two flat head screws holding it to the body of the lens.

There are also two additional screwholes for some other accessory on the lens, though I don't know what accessory.

The zoom crank can also be dis-engaged with pushing it forward (into the lens), this way you can operate the ring with your hand while the crank just dangles there. Pulling it back, clicks it back into operational mode.

In addition there is a zoom lever that can be mounted on the older versions of this lens. Though the older versions are not multi-coated.

Edited by Dennis Kisilyov

16 OPF-12-1 10-100 zoom lens can be modify on Arri PL.

Send me request and i will answer where you can order Adapter of OPF-12 zoon lens for Arri PL lens mount.

II don't have information about old and new versions of 16 OPF-12-1 zoom lens with different MC.

All 16 OPF-12-1 zoom lenses from factory had standard MC coating. The other russian professional cine lenses have MC coating too, except of very old lenses .

The lens mount of Kinor-16 SX camera don't have short name. The name - number of original factory draft of lens mount. That's why, i can propose od name : " lens mount of Kinor-16 SX cameras".

The similar lens mount had other russian 16 mm cine cameras too , Kinor-16R and other.

The russian 16 mm cine cameras Kinor-16 SX-2M can be modify on Arri PL lens mount too.