I finished

Congrats.

You have defiantly earned a bit of relaxing time with the family.

What's on the horizon next david? - Do you have interviews for a feature or upcoming Tele-movie?

With the change of pace how do you feel after 8 months on something that's like this comparing to the completion of a grueling feature.

• Premium Member

Congrats on finishing that up! A very long stretch indeed.

I've never been on one show for a period as long as that; I don't know how I would keep it fresh . . . that?s probably a big challenge (at least mentally for you).

Have fun doing nothing for a bit.

Kevin Zanit

I can commiserate. I just finished up five months shooting across Europe and in Dubai for a documentary about the Palm Islands. The money is great, but that kind of stretch takes a lot out of you. Now I'm back (first trying to get over the jetlag) and can focus on finishing the book and getting it to the publisher by the due date.

After that, who knows...

• Premium Member
You've certainly earned the rest. :)

You do seem to cram in a lot, when was Astronaut Farmer shot.

That was the fall of 2005. Then I did "Solstice" in New Orleans in the Spring of 2006 and started "Big Love" last August.

• Premium Member

Cool, congratulations David! Enjoy the time off. Guess you'll be hanging out here more often now as well?

Hey Matthew, are you kidding? That's the best way to learn, making mistakes on someone else's film and not your own! Just be honest and up front about your screw-ups and don't make the same mistake twice, that's all. The trouble is, there are always tons of new mistakes to be made. Hint: don't set up a heavy tripod with a janky leg lock next to a huge plate glass window -- I learned that one the hard way. :(

Just completed today seven months of work on HBO's "Big Love". I'm free to lie around the house watching DVD's for awhile...

Congratulations, David!

I look forward to seeing your work, though I know it may take a while for HBO to distribute it on this side of the world. Enjoy your well deserved time off, I know how good the first two weeks after such a long shoot feel!

Hey Matthew, are you kidding? That's the best way to learn, making mistakes on someone else's film and not your own! Just be honest and up front about your screw-ups and don't make the same mistake twice, that's all. The trouble is, there are always tons of new mistakes to be made. Hint: don't set up a heavy tripod with a janky leg lock next to a huge plate glass window -- I learned that one the hard way. :(

HA! I'll remember that one. :lol:

I learn the "don't set up camera next to frisky puppy" one ages ago. :D