looking for 435 outside dimensions

Thanks Andre,

I'm actually looking for something a little more comprehensive. I am in the process of modifying one of my motion control heads and want the exact position of lens center, rods centers, eyepiece width when extended and when not extended, width of camera with IVS etc. I have already physically measured a camera but it is quite difficult to determine some of the exact dimensions particularly the ones I need to safely center up the camera for long lens nodal roll.

Arri have published this data for the 235, but I can't find it for the 435. Many years ago I seem to remember a dimensions chart that was made up and given out by the guys that ran the now Panavision office in Johannesburg, I just didn't put my copy in a safe enough place.

Any help would be appreciated

• Premium Member
Thanks Andre,

I'm actually looking for something a little more comprehensive. I am in the process of modifying one of my motion control heads and want the exact position of lens center, rods centers, eyepiece width when extended and when not extended, width of camera with IVS etc. I have already physically measured a camera but it is quite difficult to determine some of the exact dimensions particularly the ones I need to safely center up the camera for long lens nodal roll.

Arri have published this data for the 235, but I can't find it for the 435. Many years ago I seem to remember a dimensions chart that was made up and given out by the guys that ran the now Panavision office in Johannesburg, I just didn't put my copy in a safe enough place.

Any help would be appreciated

I would give CSC, arri's official service center in New York, a call. Their number is 212.757.0906. I would guess they should have that info on file for you.

• 4 weeks later...
WOW!

That 435 is a long sucker! 101.6 in = 8.466666 ft. And tall too.

Wow, glad people here aren't converting English to metric units for space missions or train tracks. There's a slight difference between the number of *centimeters* in an inch and the number of *millimeters* in an inch, a whole order of magnitude worth. Of course, the conversion factor used here is actually *backwards* from what it should be. You DIVIDE millimeters by 25.4 to get the number of inches, instead they multiplied by 0.254, which means that the English measurements are nearly 6 1/2 times larger than what they should be. Correct units, going by the inches I am used to are:

Length: 400mm : 15 3/4 in : 1 ft. 3 3/4 in.

Width: 250mm : 9 27/32 in.

Height: 331mm : 13 1/32 in. : 1 ft. 33/32 in.

They really need to keep teaching customary units in school if people are that oblivious to the relationship between ft. & in. and mm/cm.

~KB