New York

Michael Louis Hill

Hello

I know that many of you either live in New York or you are from New York. I will be spending a week there next month and i was hoping some of you could list some interesting/historical places to visit. I am aiming this more towards Film and Art. So if there are any old movie houses or museums that have some nice educational or just plain fun connections with film that would be great. I feel like i have seen the city a lot through film (especially from Scorsese, Lee, and Allen) and now i finally get to see it with my own eyes for the first time. So any rare and interesting sites that not everyone knows about would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

michael

• Premium Member

I don't live in New York, but an interesting place to go would be the Guggenheim Museum. Last time I was there, about two years ago in march, they had the Mathew Barney exhibit, cremaster. It was amazing.

Hi,

I'm French and i'm leaving in Paris but i spent 8 months last year in NY.

I'm going back to NY next week.

Anyway, there is so much museum in NY that you have to see all of them. ;)

There is one in Queens about Cinema.

It's at the right place where there used to have the NY studios at the begining of the century. It's only 3 floor and not very nice, just funny to see while we are from the industry but the price is expensive. Only 1 or 2 hour will be fine to visit but the doors are not open so often.

I don't remember where is it but if you are really interested just feel free to contact me email directly.

Best regards and have a nice trip.

• Premium Member
There is one in Queens about Cinema.

That would be the American Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens.

35 Avenue at 36 Street

Astoria, NY 11106

(718) 784-0077

http://www.ammi.org/site/site.asp

I haven't been there since before I went to college, but I think you'll find it worth your while.

Enjoy our city.