Generators around San Francisco?

darrin p nim

Hi guys, Im shooting a music video in/around San Francisco in the next 2.5 weeks and i need to find a quiet 500amp generator with camlock for a good price. Right now we're looking at Cresco Equipment Rentals and theyve quoted us at 662-690 and thats w/o tax for the weekend. I need to find a competitive price or a weekend rate through another company and was hoping maybe some of you guys from the Bay area could could help me out, if you can i would be very greatful! Thank you!

hey thanks guys, dtc wont do a weekend rate but were in the works with freyer for a weekend rate well see what happens next week. again i appreciate the info, if theres any more feel free to list them. thanks.

hey thanks guys, dtc wont do a weekend rate...

This is an example of why DTC probably isn't going to last very long here in the Bay Area. They're priced a little high, and try to pull the "We're the biggest rental house in the area, so we can charge more" card.

The condition of their Kinoflo's is kind of a joke as I saw upon a visit to their facilities once. Otherwise, they're good at least for the few things you absolutely CAN NOT get elsewhere.

• Premium Member
Hi guys, Im shooting a music video in/around San Francisco in the next 2.5 weeks and i need to find a quiet 500amp generator with camlock for a good price.

Give Aggreko a call, I've always got top quality equipment from them.

Aggreko San Francisco

160 W. Industrial Way

Benicia, CA 94510-1016

United States

Tel: +1.707.746.8812

Toll Free: 877.603.6021

Fax: +1.707.746.8068

• Premium Member
This is an example of why DTC probably isn't going to last very long here in the Bay Area. They're priced a little high, and try to pull the "We're the biggest rental house in the area, so we can charge more" card.

Well, they are a bit snooty. On one shoot, we rented a Fisher 10 dolly from them and the AC who went to pick it up (don't ask) made the mistake of asking them if they would show him how the equipment worked. They're reply: "if you don't know how to use one, we're not renting it to you!" To which he replied, "uh, our dolly grip knows how to use it." And they didn't include the Mitchell to 100mm ball adapter which we needed, so we had to get that from Utterbach. You should have heard the discussion that went on about whether or not to get the adapter, or to just wing it with a bunch of washers! WTF :ph34r: That was a fun shoot.