Kodak's M6

Frank Barrera

• Premium Member

I recieved a fairly unused Kodak Instamatic M6 as a gift. I know these cameras go for under $10 on e-bay but I was wondering if the lens is sharp. Any other thoughts regarding the camera would be appreciated. I will test some film asap but I'm anticipating to be underwhelmed by the lens.

I recieved a fairly unused Kodak Instamatic M6 as a gift. I know these cameras go for under $10 on e-bay but I was wondering if the lens is sharp. Any other thoughts regarding the camera would be appreciated. I will test some film asap but I'm anticipating to be underwhelmed by the lens.

I was given an Instamatic a long time ago and felt superior and snotty about it and never even used it. However, there is a "movement" that likes them now.

Most Kodak gear has better than average optics. I have used several models from this series and have never had occasion to complain about image quality. I think this has a zoom lens with no focusing aid though, so use a tape measure in weak light to make sure it is in focus.

• Premium Member
Most Kodak gear has better than average optics. I have used several models from this series and have never had occasion to complain about image quality. I think this has a zoom lens with no focusing aid though, so use a tape measure in weak light to make sure it is in focus.

well good then. i will burn some film asap.

thanks

The lens is very good. If the M6 is anything like the M2 and the M4, it has the white nylon gears that won't fall apart the first time you use it. It's easy to fix as well. Just make sure you load the separate meter battery, which I believe is located in the main battery box, hidden underneath on the left in a black pull out ring.

These early M cameras are capable of very good results.