how to grip?

thiyagucam

hi very shortly i am going to shoot one exterior day chase sequence with cycle. i plan to grip the camera on the cycle while moving i plan to shot some abnormal angles like keep the camera on the handle, pedals and near the back chain spraket also pls give your suggestions like what are the precautions i have to take what are the different angles are possible on the cycle thank you

first correct you name as per forum rules.

second hire a grip with experience at this sort of thing. If you can imagine the angle we as grips can make it happen. you dont say what kind of camera and what kind of cycle. there is a lot of difference between a 3lb dv cam and a 40lb arri 35mm. as is a sport motorcylce and a ten speed. define all your parameters including budget.

then we will see what we can do.

DUKE

AC freak-out moment: If you're doing this rig "guerilla style" without experienced grips/support on hand, do yourself a favor and protect that lens! The coolest angle in the world won't mean anything if a rock or other road debris kicks up through your glass.

In my younger (read: stupider) days I rigged a DV cam to the front bumper of a Jeep many times, using mostly gaff tape (!!). Don't do what Donny Don't does...

Assuming that your cameras are the lighter type DV or 16mm I?d start building your rig with Maffers, Cadallini?s, C-Stand Arms and Magic arms. You want to triangulate your support so look for three separate and different pick points. Often I will rig the camera using two points with shot c-stand arms and Maffers. Then I will add the third point to the handle of the camera.