WANTED jk optical printer

kevin jackman

• Premium Member
does anybody have one for sale or know where there is one that i could see if it might be sold?

Looking for one for 35 or 16? My school (RIT's film school) is moving and a lot of the film stuff is getting the toss. Try e-mailing kalpph@rit.edu about. That's the e-mail for Kevin Lamark, the equipment cage manager for film.

Looking for one for 35 or 16? My school (RIT's film school) is moving and a lot of the film stuff is getting the toss. Try e-mailing kalpph@rit.edu about. That's the e-mail for Kevin Lamark, the equipment cage manager for film.

I used that optical printer 20 years ago. It was a pain in the butt. I learned a few things, but it was a pain. Maybe if it got some maintainence work over the years

Best

Tim

• Premium Member
I used that optical printer 20 years ago. It was a pain in the butt. I learned a few things, but it was a pain. Maybe if it got some maintainence work over the years

Best

Tim

No clue. I must admit I don't even know the particulars of how to use it. In fact, I know only one person who does other than the facilities manager.

Kevin:

Do you want to consider this alternative?

A Bell&Howell 2709 camera modified by John OXberry (before he manufactured his own process cameras) from the original 35mm to 16mm movement and transport.

This has a process camera viewer housing on the front with eyepiece, groundglass, and register pins to lock in a test strip in the viewer.

The movement mechanism is the 2709 fixed pins movement (modified to 16mm).

I have had this for a long time.

Let me know if you are interested. My email address is:

jbehan@sympatico.ca

JB.