Canon Anamorphic ACV-235

adrianmpruett

i have an indie feature coming up and after watching "hard candy" i became very interested in shooting in the 2.35. i read a david mullen article from 05' where he talked about cropping hd to 2.35 and not compromising the image, although he had done the tests on the F900. we're shooting on the panasonic hvx900 for it's low light ability with canon digiprimes and i don't have enough money/time/producer support to run tests at this point. i was wondering if anyone has shot with the ACV-235 with a panasonic hd camera (vericam or hdx900) and how it went. with enough positive experiences i may be able to convince the producers to let me shoot some tests and get it out on 35.

the canon website does not have any tech info about exposure factors so if anyone has any info on that i would love to hear about it.

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I´m shooting a feature right now with the acv-235 and fujinon primes with sony750.

The acv-235 converter is good and I´m really happy to shoot video in 2.35 without cropping

the image. It does make the camera very long but it´s not really a problem, even when I use the

zoom it´s ok. Optical it performes well with no artifacts. I would prefer to shoot with ziess or

canon primes because of focus issues. My 1st ac really start to hate the fujinons, I`m not gonna

get into that discussion here myself but I will have him to post his thoughts about it.

Anyway, the fujinon perform well.

Image will be upsidedown and you need a monitor that can handle that and the anamorphic.

I recomend the accuscen finder on the camera if you can find it, thats a great tool.

Andreas