We can open our FX7 footage on Premier pro 1.5.

Jacqueline Donaldson

HI,

We recently borrowed a friends FX7 (NTSC) to shoot a short film here in Hong Kong, we filmed to tape and also recorded straight on to a hard drive.

We can't get the footage to open in Premier Pro 1.5, I thought maybe the programme couldn't handle it and we should upgrade to 2.0 (we can't afford it), but I just remembered that we've previously shot on the HVX-200 and digitized and imported that footage to the same computer using the same programme, we've even tried using Raylight to convert and open, but nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Everything appears to be there.

Anything at this point would be helpful ,

Thanks,

Jacqueline...

Edited by Jacqueline Donaldson

Hmm that's very odd. I do know that the HDR-FX1 must have "iLink conversion to DV" set to off, otherwise Windows sees it as a DV device instead of a HDV device. So perhaps same goes for the FX7?

Also if you've installed any codecs onto your computer, they could be causing you some problems. The "Tsunami" codec specifically ahs be known to cause many capturing problems. If you do have this, try uninstalling them perhaps. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, though.

Good luck! :)

Dan Goldberg..

Your shooting it in HDV, yes?

Premiere pro was the first premiere version to be able to edit HDV.....with a caveate. The problem is they rushed it to market without the working HDV codec, so you need to upgrade to pro 1.50.1. Check the adobe site, or use the auto-updater in premiere. The update is free and works perfectly well. Once the update is in you should be able to edit and produce HDV material without issue.

Hope that helps you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Michael,

I think that's what it is - but I just found out that the Premier Pro 1.5 software my friend has is copied and she cannot upgrade it - typical Asia!

SO now I'm really in trouble - I'm trying to edit together my showreel for my application to the NFTS, London - it needs to be sent by next Monday and I have material from two films currently on a friends computer, but we have no way to cut it together - I don't have a computer of my own, so i'm completely dependent on others at the moment.

I'm trying to figure out how I can down convert the HDV files to SD files using the computer as the Camera we filmed on was NTSC and is now in the States and we can't access another NTSC camera here without it costing a fortune.

Another problem we may have is that I also have material from the HVX-200, we have Raylight and can watch the files - but not sure if this is going to import into PP1.5 just by converting the MXF files to AVI's, waiting to hear from friend about that. If it's doesn't work, can we also down-convert these files to SD, we do not have access to an HDV camera or deck at this time, so it must be done in computer. Is it possible?

I hope someone has some advice...

Jacqueline