little student short

shooting this little student short (which i dop'ed) was like therapy/holidays since the feature i`m gaffing for the last 3 1/2 weeks and the next 1 1/2 weeks has a nerve wracking low production tempo.. 6 to 7 day weeks, 12 to 18hour days, low budget indie fun, going at about 5 shots per day.. arr..

we shot this little 15min film in one and half days, a half one at the bathtub location and two half ones at the house.

the lighting package consisted of a 2,5kw hmi fresnel, a dedo kit, a 2ft fourbank, 3 500 fresnels, and two 500w rifa lights, and of course a smoke machine!

we shot on dvcam with a dsr500.

oh, and i was my own grip/electric crew and operator and ac ..

well, i had two friends of the director helping me, but they`ve never been on a set before, so i had to teach one of them in ac'ing and the other one in gripping and booming as we went along :)

these are uncorrected stills in chronological order of the edit..

uebersicht.jpg

oh, and here are some photos from shooting:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/xl83..._und_panacotta/

• Premium Member

Nice looking stuff. Way to move fast and get poop done! That's the way to get work.

I'll have to post some stuff on "Blood Lightning," a 20-ish minute zombie movie styled a lot like italian horror of the seventies. I was DP and we shot it over 3 8-ish hour nights last weekend. We had a nice location, a small lighting package, 2 HVXs, and an estimated hundred zombies and extras over the three days. It was tons of fun.