P2 Store and mass storage

Michael Garcia

I am workng on an upcoming project and the production has already acquired an HVX-200 with the P2 cards and a P2 store. I have worked with the cards before but I always had someone taking care of the workflow to laptop, or mass storage device and have not worked with the P2 Store. The P2 Store holds 60 gigs and unfortunately no one thought that we would be needing more space than that for the entire movie! anyways my question is if I were to purchase a lacie or maxtor 500 gig hard drive can I simply use my Mac to move the files from the P2 store to a drive at the end of each shoot day or do I need specific hardware or a specific type of external drive to store these files. Thanks!

Hi Michael,

I'm know that you can transfer straight from your Mac to The Maxtor OneTouch III . It's offered as a USB 2.0 only, as well as USB 2.0/FireWire 400 and FireWire 800 configurations in the need for portable, external storage.

Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB FireWire 400/USB 2.0 drive is priced at around $479USD.

Unfortuately I'm not familiar with the Lacie, but the Mxtor should do exactly what you want B)

Dan Goldberg..