Down-converting HDV - DV without a camera.

Jacqueline Donaldson

I'm really in a muddle & feeling kind of queezy!

I just found out that the Premier Pro 1.5 software my friend has is copied and she cannot upgrade it - typical Asia!

SO now I'm really in trouble - I'm trying to edit together my showreel for my application to the NFTS, London - it needs to be sent by next Monday and I have material from two films currently on a friends computer, but we have no way to cut it together - I don't have a computer of my own, so i'm completely dependent on others at the moment.

I'm trying to figure out how I can down convert the HDV files to SD files using the computer as the Camera we filmed on was NTSC and is now in the States and we can't access another NTSC camera here without it costing a fortune.

Another problem we may have is that I also have material from the HVX-200, we have Raylight and can watch the files - but not sure if this is going to import into PP1.5 just by converting the MXF files to AVI's, waiting to hear from friend about that. If it's doesn't work, can we also down-convert these files to SD, we do not have access to an HDV camera or deck at this time, so it must be done in computer. Is it possible?

I hope someone has some advice...

Jacqueline