Guest Tim Partridge

• Premium Member

Hi,

VFG should have stuff, even if you have to persuade them that it will actually work on a DSR and isn't just part of their film department. I spoke to VFG the other day and they are maintaining their reputation for being short to the point of rudeness and contriving to sound as if they're so busy they're doing you a favour by talking to you, so you may have to get past that. For a nicer phone experience talk to Carey Duffy at South London Filter, who has all this stuff for rental, but I don't know how easy it'd be to get it to you.

Phil

It would make sense to go with VFG, ask for a deal since your getting the camera from them - they may do package deals, especially if your getting the tripod, grip and lighting from them as well.

They should also be able to sugest the right size for the camera/budget.

Good luck with getting a manual, I've never had any luck finding Sony manuals on the interweb - not for want of trying.

When you hire the camera ask to borrow the manual, maybe they will let you have a copy a few days early, its worth asking...

It would be a good idea to make sure there a few hours in your schedual to play with the camera and shoot some tests, or pick up the camera the day before the shoot.

• 1 year later...