k3 missing film guide

Dan Liffick

• Premium Member

When you say the film guide, do you mean the loop formers on top and bottom of the gate? Many people have these removed anyway since they tend to scratch the film. Loading is a little tricky but once you do it a few times you'll get it.

If you're talking about the guides around the motor in the center that's something else... not sure how that would affect it.

yes, I wouldn't worry about it. I am considering taking mine off as well, since it never seems to want to auto load. The film always gets stuck between the exit of the top of the sprocket and the loop formers.

Those really don't do anything. Even after you have your film loaded, once you put the cover on, they push out (the black plastic button just below the lower form makes them push out, and brings the film remaining meter probe down.) so even in a properly working camera the formers do nothing during actual operation, they just aid the loading of the camera. Load with gash film to make sure you know how big the loops should be, but really its pretty easy to figure out.