White Dot on Image

Mary Crowley

Hi,

Im not sure if this subject has cropped up before, but I own a GYHD101 and Ive noticed a white dot appearing on the image after I capture footage onto Final Cut Pro. Has anyone noticed this before? If so, am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with my camera? The dot has appeared both when I shoot in HDV and Mini DV modes.

Mary.

Hi,

Im not sure if this subject has cropped up before, but I own a GYHD101 and Ive noticed a white dot appearing on the image after I capture footage onto Final Cut Pro. Has anyone noticed this before? If so, am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem with my camera? The dot has appeared both when I shoot in HDV and Mini DV modes.

Mary.

It sounds like a dead pixel, it can happen on all CCD cameras.

Here's a thread on DVinfo on regarding this: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=68211

Some people have fixed it themselves whilst others have sent their camera to JVC. However, it does involve some some digging into the camera menus, so it might be worthwhile checking up on the exact proceedure with JVC or your dealer.

Hi Mary.

I't probably a dead pixel, you are not doing anything wrong but your camera needs to be serviced. I would contact JVC and see what they can do to fix it. In many cameras there is a procedure that can be accessed via a service menu, which is accessible only by technical support people, that fixes this kind of issues. I'm not sure if this is something that the HD100 can do.

For your current footage you can use AfterEffects's clone tool to cover the dead pixel with a copy of a nearby pixel.