Wiring Linestra lights

I just got ahold of a couple Linestra light bulbs and bases, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience wiring these. Linestra lights are long tungsten bulbs shaped likes fluorescent tubes with two contacts, one at either end. I believe these are two S14S bases if that's useful info.

My guess is that I would run a hot lead to one of the bases and a neutral lead to the other (thereby completing the circuit). The odd thing is that each individual base has a hole for both a hot and a neutral, so I'm starting to second guess myself. This might be a design holdover from the single base Linestra tubes (which have been discontinued), but I don't know. I'd appreciate help from anybody in the know, thanks in advance.

The end goal is to be able to handhold the tube as an eyelight or whatever, not to permanently wire it into a wall or something.

Thanks JD, I tested it out and it works fine.

After playing around with it for an hour, I really like these lights. It would be great if the whole set up was a little cheaper (2 bases = $20, plus $10 per tube), but the quality of light is great. I'm gaffing a music video over the weekend, I'll see if I can sneak this in as an eyelight.