Anybody know anything about "Iron Man"?

I've recently seen that the first live action film featuring the Marvel Comics character "Iron Man" is currently (finally!) in production.

There doesn't seem to be much technical information out there, though, mostly just stuff about who's starring in it and so on. (The bulk of fans apparently are greatly relieved that it will NOT be starring Tom Cruise as Tony Stark. <_< )

One anecdote has it that an Aaton 35 was run over by a tank in one scene :lol:

Does anybody know what sort of cameras are being used?

Well they wanted to use a Phantom 65 for some arial plates but we couldn't ship CineMags in time so they had to go VistaVision instead. A real pain for them since they had to keep landing the helicopter to reload. I assume the film is widescreen although I don't know if it is Super-35 or anamorphic (I suspect anamorphic).

Well they wanted to use a Phantom 65 for some arial plates but we couldn't ship CineMags in time so they had to go VistaVision instead. A real pain for them since they had to keep landing the helicopter to reload. I assume the film is widescreen although I don't know if it is Super-35 or anamorphic (I suspect anamorphic).

This is another one of those projects that simply could never have been done (well not convincingly) without modern technologies.

That was one of the many things I thought sucked about "Superman Returns"; a lot of the special effects weren't all that much of an improvement over what we saw thirty years ago! Too many of the flying scenes looked like a man being suspended from a crane.

Interesting that in Superman Returns they shot the background plates on film and did the bulk of ithe film on HD, apparently the reverse of what they wanted to do for Iron Man.

That was one of the many things I thought sucked about "Superman Returns"; a lot of the special effects weren't all that much of an improvement over what we saw thirty years ago! Too many of the flying scenes looked like a man being suspended from a crane.

Mainly because it was kind of trying to emulate the Donner film. But quite honestly I prefer it that way. I will take a man in a cable for take off and landing any day over a 3D doll.