LOMO (Oct-19) Primes

Josh Hill

• Premium Member

I'm looking at perhaps purchasing some LOMO primes for use on my CP-16R and was wondering how hard it would be to construct an adapter (I have a friend who is a machinist), or if the primes are even adaptable. I don't shoot a lot of 16mm, however, I would like some primes to use instead of having to always rely on my 10-150mm. Lomo primes are cheap, and I've heard good things about them in the forums here, so I was curious about them on 16.

If I can't get or have made a mount adapter for CP mount I can always get a PL adapter for my camera and have the LOMOs converted to PL mount.

• Premium Member

The Lomo's have a long flange focal distance (61mm), which is good for conversion

purposes. The bad thing is that the OCT-19 mount is a BNCR type mount - i.e. very big

in diameter. This is not good for conversion purposes. But my experience says there

shouldn't be a problem in doing that, since the actual glass in the Lomo's isn't very big

in diameter (i.e. not very fast lenses). It could work to machine some kind of adapter.

Here's a handy set of rules:

1. Last glass elements diameter greater than the intended new lens mount = you're screwed.

2. Last glass elements distance from filmplane shorter than current mounts = you're screwed.

Otherwise you should be able to do it.

Just a warning: if the adapter turns out to in any way restrict (or infringe on the diameter of the last lens element), then it will act as an iris or stop, restricting light. So just watch out for that.

For instance, most telephotos have their last lens element very far removed from the film plane. This means you could "cut off" the lens anywhere behind the last glass and mount whatever mount you wish, as long as that mount isn't restricting the rays of the lens. Hence, one can also deduct that telephotos, due to this design, are easier to convert. Big fat retro-focus wide angles are often very tricky to convert since the last element often sits very close to the mirror and film plane.

HI

What LOMO lenses you mean ?

This can be lenses for 16 mm cine camera ( 16 OKS, OPF ) and for 35 mm cine cameras ( 35 OKS, OPF ).

Very good lenses from kit of Kinor-16 cine camera.

The many lenses can be modify to Arri PL mount, but, need check every lens.

A few prime lenses ( OKS-1-100-1 and other ) have versions for 16 mm and 35 mm cine cameras.

I have many technical documentation and experience to modify lens mount.

Olexandr.

• 3 weeks later...