O'Conner 100

Paul Bruening

• Premium Member

Hello Gents,

I just snagged an O'Conner 100 fluid head off Ebay. I'm not crazy about what I payed for it but they come up so rarely that I needed to go ahead and move on it. I hope it works. Where can I get a rebuild kit for it if it's blown its little guts? As well, what's its maximum weight limit. I'l throw a Fries 35R3, XL2 and full-size NC blimp on it. It will also get an assortment of 8" TFT monitors, remotes, varied widgets, and an occaisional obie. Can an O'C 100 handle all that?

Thanks,

Paul

• Site Sponsor
Hello Gents,

I just snagged an O'Conner 100 fluid head off Ebay. I'm not crazy about what I payed for it but they come up so rarely that I needed to go ahead and move on it. I hope it works. Where can I get a rebuild kit for it if it's blown its little guts? As well, what's its maximum weight limit. I'l throw a Fries 35R3, XL2 and full-size NC blimp on it. It will also get an assortment of 8" TFT monitors, remotes, varied widgets, and an occaisional obie. Can an O'C 100 handle all that?

Thanks,

Paul

I am pretty sure you can get a complete set of rebuild parts directly from O'Connor and yes it will hold all that on the right sticks (i have one)

-Rob-

• Premium Member

Thanks, Robert. I was just at O'C's website. They really supprot their products well. I am impressed. What would you say are the most likely rebuild parts for the 100? O'C doesn't specify a kit. All the parts are individually listed. Gee, I guess they presume I would actually know what the hell I'm doing serviving their gear. Darn!

I had a similer question a while back on the O'Connor 100s, I have 2 of them, one from Panavision which has a small leak. Here's the thread:

www.cinematography.com/forum2004/index.php?showtopic=19259&hl=O'connor+100

And here's the schematics:

www.ocon.com/fileadmin/user_upload/files/parts/100c.gif

Edited by James Steven Beverly