Eumig Sound 31 XL Problem

Joel Whybrow

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone can help, or even if this issue can be resolved but I have an issue with my Eumig camera.

I bought the camera from ebay to get my teeth into shooting with and cutting film. I don't expect amazing results with the camera, but I can't get a decent focus out of the thing.

The camera itself is immaculate. It looks like it was never used and even came with it's leather case and bagged accessories so I don't think it's the result of poor handling.

THere is no eyepiece focus control on the unit though the horizontal bar in the viewfinder appears sharp, I just can't seem to focus on anything with the lens.

I've run a roll of film to see if the lens is ok and it's just the viewfinder that's got problems. I focused as best as I could when shooting to see if it's that bad when projected.

I suppose my question would then be, should I expect this from this camera or is something broken? Is it worth getting it repaired and if so, where could I get that done?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Hi Joel

Can you send me a photo of your camera? I have the eumig 30 xl and, in this model, there is actually an eyepiece focus control knob.

So if the cameras are alike (probably they are) then I can help.

Now, if the camera needs repair then it can be done...but it's expensive. You probably bought the camera for 10-20 bucks so the 200 ++ $US might seem very expensive. Check the official Bolex site for details (www.bolex.ch).

hope this helps...

• 10 years later...