documentary reel

hello. i've just completed a new cut of documentary work i've done. please have a look and let me know what you think. the navigation on my web-site is currently a little confusing. here's what you do:

1. go to www.tannerwolfe.com

2. choose "reel" my narrative reel will immediately begin playing.

3. choose "India documentary highlights" under the box where my narrative reel will be playing.

4. a fullscreen choice is located under this as well.

please let me know what you think in regards to shot selection, music, cut, everything.

cordially,

tanner

• 3 months later...

Nice work. Some great visuals. What was the India Documentary about?

hello. i've just completed a new cut of documentary work i've done. please have a look and let me know what you think. the navigation on my web-site is currently a little confusing. here's what you do:

1. go to www.tannerwolfe.com

2. choose "reel" my narrative reel will immediately begin playing.

3. choose "India documentary highlights" under the box where my narrative reel will be playing.

4. a fullscreen choice is located under this as well.

please let me know what you think in regards to shot selection, music, cut, everything.

cordially,

tanner

the india documentary is about the untouchables (dalits) and the caste system in india. the footage you see on my reel is from an initial scouting trip that we took earlier this year. the producing team is using this footage to do fundraising for the actual feature length doc. thanks for your interest.

• Premium Member

Tanner,

I really liked it, you have a great sense of mood and framing. At about 2.24 there's a dissolve between two interviews where the interviewed are both framed on the left side of the frame i would flip one of them or cut something between them. It was the only thing i noticed in an otherwise

excellent reel!

Kieran.

• 2 weeks later...

Tanner -

thanks for sharing you're reel - it's truly an inspiration for me.

the time lapse imagery at the beginning, nicely lit interviews, moody establishing shots and portraits are all intriguiging.

i'm about to graduate from LA film school, and i'm very interested in documentaries...

i'm wondering what camera you shoot with? do you own your own? any recomendations would be awesome!

thanks. this reel was shot predominantly on the Panasonic HVX-200. this is the camera of the moment for a certain level of production. the quality of the image is not incredible, but it was an excellent tool for the job we had. no i don't own this camera, but just about everyone i know does.