LCD monitors

Badarinath Palavalli

• Premium Member

Not sure if I'm interepreting your question correctly, but most LCD's on cameras get you "close", but can leave a lot to be desired as far as giving you an accurate reflection of the image. Most will be more contrasty and less critical of focus and colors than a good CRT. They can give you an idea, but if you are concerned, get a good monitor.

• Premium Member

I've stopped trusting focus/exposure/color to the LCD flipout. Its handy for composition, or when doing a moving shot when you can't look through the viewfinder, but otherwise I try not to rely on it too heavily. The best thing to do is get an external monitor if at all possible. Otherwise, if you can't, I would say do some tests and figure out in what areas your LCD is incorrect, and learn through practice how to compensate.

Good Luck

I've stopped trusting focus/exposure/color to the LCD flipout. Its handy for composition, or when doing a moving shot when you can't look through the viewfinder, but otherwise I try not to rely on it too heavily. The best thing to do is get an external monitor if at all possible. Otherwise, if you can't, I would say do some tests and figure out in what areas your LCD is incorrect, and learn through practice how to compensate.

Good Luck

I agree!