WLCS System for Russian/Ultimate-Arm Work in LA

Hi 1sts,

Im going to assist my long term DP from germany (Thomas Stokowski - www.stokowski.de) on a (for me) quiet big car commercial in, and around, the SF and Lake Tahoe area.

We are going to use a Russian/UltimateArm.

In europe I really like to use a Alfred Chrosziel Aladin Wireless Remote Control System for this application!

I like the possibility to control, from one wireless unit, the focus and the iris, and from one other, the zoom axis (wireless operated by DP)!

But I´m fearing, that the Aladin is not very common in the US west coast area and will not available for me (especially @ high session).

By the way, I think i´m going to CheckOut @ Clairmont LA around the 15th.

I will use a WRC and (if possible) the Aladin to wireless control everything without any cables.

Don´t forget, with a (beloved by me) Nettman Stab C you can run the RCU signal via the head, not possible with a the FlightHead which is used with Russian/Ultimate Arm.

Back to business:

The LCS control.

I´m (I´m Europe) and not the biggest fan of a Preston FIZ.

The Aladin System is the only one I know, what is capable to control the Focus and Iris from one single wireless unit and the zoom from an other independent wireless unit,

and this absolutely trustable, with just one receiver mounted on the cam.

OK,

I´m european, I could live with an Arri W-LCS Mark III System with a cabled extension for the Focus and one transmitter for Iris and the zoom axis (in the he DP´s hands).

C-Motion availanle @ clairmont?

But he don´t like to set the iris his-self (DP)!

What can I do?

Preston?

I think in July it is not slow anyway in LA, and I´m shooting just a small (for LA average) commercial.

Fearing clairmont will not take me really serious anyway!

(Big advantage if somebody is a well known 1st in germany and just CheckingOut @ FGV Schmidle or Arri headquaters)

But nobody can be well known everywhere!

Any comments, any hints, any help?

Somebody who will take some time to check my GearLists to check it just for clearly understanding in LA @ clairmont???

Please write me off-list, and i´m happy to send you my lists.

All the best,

Emanuel

Emanuel Maximilian Schwermer, bvk

1st AC - DIT - Operator

Adelheidstr. 7

80798 München

Bavaria

Germany

fon. +49 - (0)89 - 347 214

fax. +49 - (0)89 - 288 049 31

cell. +49 - (0)172 - 86 12 942

mail. mail@firstcamera.de

net. www.firstcamera.de

Hi,I worked with the russian arm on a Volvo commercial just 3 weeks ago,we used the Preston system for focus and iris (that we rented with the camera equipment),for the zoom the russian arm guys had their own system that the dop could use from inside their vehicle along with the joystick for the Flight Head.

Bye

Simona

If you already know you're going through Clairmont, then I'd call them up and discuss the options, preferences, and pros/cons there first. You can always call in a third party if you find that they can't assuage you.